Welcome to Jen and I’s first link-up for “Show Your…” Today we are sharing our goals and resolutions for 2019.
If you have been a reader here for a little bit, you know I love goals. I set them each month. I try to set my goals based on my resolutions and this helps me stay focused on different goals I would like to accomplish throughout the year. You can see my January Goals here. Here are some goals that I have heading into 2019…
- 40 Bags in 40 Days…Y’all, I am in a decluttering mood and so is Brandon. I feel like if it isn’t hammered down to our floor it might go into the garbage. I made a list of several places I would like to clean out and re-organize around my house in the past month and now I am all about getting rid of stuff. So far we are 13 bags in.
- Send happy mail...My friend Tanya sent me the sweetest card in December and it just made my day. I want to continue this each month. Thanks for the inspiration Tanya!
- Visit a new place each month… A blogger who I adore (Dara ) is always going on fun outings with her family. They are always going on fun trips or visiting their local places. This year I want to go on more adventures and find new places with my family. Each month I want to go somewhere new!
- Focus on marriage… Brandon and I are both feeling called to speak about the importance of Godly marriage. We already have an opportunity to do so, and hope this is just part of a ministry. We also started a small group focusing on marriage and family in our church that will begin in January.
- Be continuously in a Bible Study… This year I want to be in a Bible study throughout the entire year.
- Read 2 books each month…I love reading and feel like it really took a backseat this year. I am so excited to replace TV with books. I also think that this goal seems do-able for me and my family’s busy schedule.
- One house project each month… The first project we are going to complete is 40 bags, the second might be an office or a laundry room update.
- Spend more time outside…We live in such a beautiful area and we are outside a lot, but I think I want to push us to be outside even more. Fishing, flying kites, going on bike rides or hikes, sitting in our backyard, whatever it is, I just want to be outside more.
- 50 miles each month… I love walking and running but since school has started that has went on the back burner. I was getting in a lot of miles this summer and need to get back on the fitness train. I always feel so much better and it is something I enjoy doing.
- Work on my photography...I want to use my real camera more this year. I love taking pictures and want to get better at it.
- Social media...I do not do Facebook but I want to start promoting this blog via Instagram and Pintrest. Maybe host a give-away or two.
- Faith Over Fear…you guys, I second guess myself all the time. Fear really holds me back from promoting my blog to speaking. I want to start facing some of my fears and putting myself out there more. Anyone else like that?
- One-on-one time with the kids each month… family time is something Brandon and I feel very strongly about. This year we are going to alternate months with the kids and do something one-on-one with them. This month I am going to do something alone with Maddi and Brandon is going to do something with Guy…next month we switch kids. We have a really strong family unit, but who doesn’t love some one-on-one time?
- Invite people in…we love having people over and hospitality is something I love. We just want to be “that house” that our kid’s friends come to all the time, where we can feed kids and leave them with a little glimpse of Jesus. A home where we can build relationships with everyone and everyone feels welcome to come as they are.
- Say “no” more to others and “yes” more to myself…If you remember my People Pleaser post and how I worked on Stopping the People Pleaser Trap, saying “no” is hard for me to do. It comes down to faith over fear, and not letting other’s expectations drive my decision.
- Be on a podcast…oh my gosh, yep, just put that big dream out there but I did. Ha! This is one of those far-fetched resolutions and goals that I don’t know if it will come true, but if it does…dream come true!
- Prayer and Gratitude journal each day…this summer I spent a lot of time writing down my prayers and I love seeing how God has answered so many of those prayers BIGGER than I could even imagine (like praying for a youth minister for our church and we now have a youth program, or Brandon’s mission trip to be funded and it was funded). God is so good! I am also a firm believer in keeping a gratitude journal so when I go through storms I can look back at gratefulness. I am using my friend Erin has an amazing journal that I have been using.
- Embrace Valentine’s Day…this might sound funny, if you know me at work you know I have had some pretty strong words about Valentine’s Day. See wild class, Valentines not making it into the correct envelopes (because the kids get so excited that they just start putting random cards in random envelopes and don’t know to check for the name), big balloon bouquets and flower arrangements that interrupt the entire class, it’s the perfect storm. Ha! That could be a post all on it’s own…but this day has always been one that just exhausts me. This year I am going to embrace it and not be negative about it. I actually have some fun little things planned for my family!
- Keep my car clean… Seriously, I am always having to move something off the seat or pick up who knows what from the floor in the backseat where my kids sit. It is always messy and I need to get more control over it. Ha! I know I can’t be alone!
My OLW or My One Little Word for the year is going to be….
In November I started praying over my word and what I wanted to focus on. Cultivate, faith over fear, growth, intentional, all were words that floated around my head. Bold was said every week at church during the sermon, and God just kept making that word stand out. This year, I am going to be bold. I am going to push past fear, I am going to say “yes” and I am going to put myself out there.
This verse is going to be my mantra for 2019…
Another part of this post was…where do you want to be in 5 years…I want to be sitting at home on a Friday night at around 11 PM with Brandon and a basement full of teenagers feeding them pizza, cookies and snacks after a football game and talking to them all about their lives and dreams. I want to be “that house” where all the kids feel welcome to come as they are and feel loved when they come in. I want to be speaking about God’s love, grace, and mercy, how to be a Godly wife and mom, and drawing people closer to God.
What are your resolutions? Where do you want to be in 5 years? Click the InLinkz button below and link-up! I would love to hear your goals and dreams. Thank you so much for reading today!