Oh monthly goals, how I love them. They keep me on track to complete my resolutions each year and they also help me get things done. I feel accountable because not only do I write them down, but I also share them so I feel like I have to complete at least a couple of them. I will be sharing my resolutions for 2019 and my word of the year on Thursday. Come back to link up each month with me and Jen…
Let’s look back at December…
Read 3 books.I did a lot of reading this month and also started my 2019 book list!
- Workout 3 times a week…this did not even come close to happening. Hello 2019!
Start content planning for next year…I have started planning and writing down all sorts of ideas. Something I want to talk more about and be more of a witness to is marriage. Brandon and I are still married by the grace of God. Our marriage was almost over, should have been over, and without God and his grace our family would have been crumbled (not recently, our marriage is BETTER and STRONGER than ever before…don’t worry family members you don’t have to breathe into a paper bag). I have felt a powerful nudge to start sharing more about marriage through the blog and speaking (Oh yeah, speaking of speaking…Brandon and I are both working on this and speaking about marriage together and we have a life group focused marriage and family) because it is so important and so hard, and I know if we have had struggles, others have as well. And if you are thinking divorce is your only way out, PLEASE let me pray for you, PLEASE don’t call it quits and PLEASE don’t give up. Email me and let me pray for you! Plan New Years Eve and Christmas Break…We have had the most relaxing break and wonderful Christmas filled with friends and family, time at home, a Harry Potter marathon, and so much goodness! Rest, Relax, and Reflect…I am heading into this New Year rested and recharged and ready to take on 2019!
Here is a look at January’s goals…
- Visit a new place…We have some fun plans this year and that includes new places and experiences!
- Happy mail…I want to send at least two pieces of snail mail this month.
- Start 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge…I have my list of places to de-clutter this month all wrote out and I have the bags to get rid of junk. I am ready for a refresh and to tackle some clutter projects around the house.
- Read at least 2 books…I want to read “The Last Mrs. Parrish” and “It’s Not Supposed to be this Way”. I also have started my 2019 book list.
- Walk 50 miles…Every single month. I just feel better when I am walking or running consistently and I need to get back into the routine. This school year stopped me from working out and I never got back on track since summer.
- Have some people over…I want to open the doors to our home this year and invite people in. Game nights, sports, whatever, I want my table to be a church and a place I serve and love people!
What are your goals for January?