I feel a brain dump happening today…brace yourself!
- Madd is 10 and in full-on “tween” mode and some days I don’t know how I am going to handle the teen years. I mean this with love, but really, home girl can roll her eyes and I swear I hear a noise. Last week she said “I don’t want to wear any of these clothes” (with a lot of attitude thrown in her voice and a big loud sigh) and then told me that I hadn’t washed her clothes (which were all over her closet). I feel like Brandon and I are kind of flying by the seats of our pants during this stage, and although a united front, we don’t know quite what we are in for in some days.
- I did seek advice from a mom who is raising teenage boys and she said the most important thing for Brandon and I to be “lovingly consistent through their inconsistent” and to set the bar high because the waters are being tested right now and to remember Guy is watching all of this play out. Now that advice was gold.
- I had the best of intentions to do a photo challenge this month and completed day one. Just day one.
- Teacher nerds…my best friend Tara and I got together for coffee yesterday afternoon and we could talk for hours about teaching and families. Time with her is priceless. She fills my cup and is always encouraging.
- Guy wanted to go to a hockey game instead of having a Birthday party in November so we just got everything scheduled and I never knew we could all be so excited. It is going to be so much fun. Experiences are the best gift.
- I am craving all the cookies right now and can’t seem to get my butt in gear to workout…AHHH!
- Brandon and I are starting a new life group at church for families and married couples, you guys, I am terrified. I feel God stretching me in this and I know this is in His will, but boy is it intimidating to me. So if you wouldn’t mind praying for this, I would greatly appreciate it.
- You guys, I do not have my stuff together this week. I have forgotten to send Maddi to school with her popsicle sticks for a project in math…she needs 100. I forgot to complete Guy’s reading log…
- Speaking of forgetting…I forgot to move my classroom elf last night so at 9:00 Brandon and I went to my classroom to move the classroom elf (Rudolph). Why did Brandon go with me you ask? Because I am a BIG chicken (It’s scary to go into a dark school at night) and I can’t move Rudolph before school because I have Maddi and Guy with me…
- Speaking of the Elf…my friend’s daughter was carrying one around like it was no big deal and said it “was a stuffed animal” and Maddi and Guy FREAKED OUT…so I told them that she killed it. YEP! I really said that she was packing around a dead elf…not my proudest mom moment but I froze and couldn’t think of anything else to say. Palm to the face.
Now that was a random mess…thanks for sticking around through those confessions. I hope you have it together a little more than I do! Have a great day!