Who is with me on the “WHAT?!?! We are half way through the year?!?!” train? I mean really, we are closer to Christmas 2018 than last Christmas. Where did this time go? Ok…on with my goals, first lets visit June…
No eating after 7 PM.Let me be really honest here…this was like a 50/50 goal. Some days I would…sometimes a bowl of popcorn just sounded good. Or Gardetos, or some other snack…but I did better than other months.
- Walk 60 miles. I got in close to 40. I really sucked it up but putting it on my list for next month.
Do a DIY craft with the kids…we have been slime making fools this month.
- no snacking…unless it is veggies. Summer…what can I say. It is so much easier for me to eat better during the school year. Not an excuse…just bein real.
Make a new ice cream.We had ice cream for dinner and I made a strawberry sauce and homemade hot fudge…does that count? Try a new recipe each week…Yes! We have been eating a new recipe each week. Sometimes it hasn’t even been a new recipe, but a new method. Last night I made my tried and true meatloaf but instead of a big pan I made meatballs and BBQ’ed them….SOOO good and it didn’t heat my house up. I can see us doing this on the regular.
- Try a new place for date night…We went golfing and out for drinks one night this month. That was new and fun. But we need to be better at branching out.
Clean out cupboards…done and done. I have put off one of my cupboards for a year and tackled it and cleaned it in 15 minutes. It might seem overwhelming but just get it started.
- Wash outside windows…nope…didn’t even get motivated to do it!
Here are my July goals…
- Date night weekly…this is going to be a fun goal and the one I am most excited about. We also have a week where our kids are at Cousin Camp so that will be fun!
- White wash a wall…This has been on my to-do list For. Ever. It needs done.
- Walk 60 miles. I’m doing it!
- Get classroom set-up. I love getting the bulk of my work done in July. That way I can enjoy the last few weeks of August with my kids. I like going in for a couple of hours at a time. Setting up my classroom for the next year is always something I look forward to.
- Game night. We love a game night. I think the kids would love this too.
- Clean out/sort clothes and closets…with back to school shopping coming up I need to go through my kids dressers and closets. This is my least favorite thing to do. Anyone else?
- Two cups of coffee a day and one in the afternoon occasionally…Hi my name is Jenna and I could drink 7 cups of coffee a day. During the summer I get in a bad habit of drinking coffee all day everyday. This summer I am focusing on my two morning cups…because I have started the school year in the past with headaches because of caffeine withdrawl…not 2018-2019. Ha!
- No soda…I am not a big soda drinker but sometimes an ice cold Pepsi or Dr. Pepper sounds so good…or my kryptonite…Diet Coke with a fresh slice of squeezed lime…I have been indulging in soda recently and don’t want it to become a daily habit.
There are my goals for the month of July. What goals do you have?