Oh Mama’s out there, this morning is rough for me. I have already shed a few tears. Although I absolutely love my job, I also love spending time with my family and had a great time over Spring Break. You can see a little of what we did here.
My heart is a little heavy this morning as we gear up for this week. We have meetings and practices and obligations that will keep us busy. No more slow mornings or having the four of us together each day. No more little trips because we just feel like it. Now we are back to school, spelling tests, packing lunches, feeding Harold, meetings, baseball, quick dinner, bath time, reading time, repeat.
I know as I walk through the doors at work and see my co-workers my heart will become a little more joyful. I know as soon as my students pour through my doors excited to tell me about their own adventures that I will be happy and grateful to be back at work. As I get to finish out the rest of the school year and look AMAZING progress that only happens in kindergarten, I know my heart will be happy.
So while I am going to be missing my husband and kids like crazy today I thought I would list a couple things I am grateful for…
- Sunshine…today is supposed to be the first sunny day in what seems like forever.
- I get to run after school today!
- Guy has his first baseball game this week.
- I get to see my best friend Tara!
- We are making our Mother’s Day presents this week in class.
- Our church service was amazing this week and it left me feeling recharged, refreshed, and gave me a lot of things to think about in the coming week.
- I meal prepped for the week ahead.
- April is actually a pretty short work month for me.
- Only two and a half more weeks until our County Fair!
- My laundry is caught up, I have a potluck at work today (I am bringing cinnamon rolls), and my house is clean…the perfect way to start the week.
And here are a few pictures from our last little Spring Break hu-rah! The trampoline park.
Tell me, do you have working mom guilt too? Is it hard for you to send your kiddos back to school after a break or long weekend? What do you do to ease the working mom guilt? What things do you have to look forward to? I would love to hear!