I feel like there are two camps to resolutions and goals. I am a goal setting nerd. I love setting goals, reaching goals, and then crossing them off my list. I love hearing about other people’s goals, I love setting new goals, and I love reflecting back on why I might not have reached a goal. The other camp HATE resolutions and goals.
You can take a look back at my 17 Goals for 2017… I feel like overall I did a great job at reaching some of these goals, I worked hard on photography, I read more, I deleted my Facebook account, I read more, I kept my car clean. Things that I did not do…a complete shoulder stand in yoga, home improvement projects, run a race, paint the outside of our home, cut out soda (because sometimes a girl just needs a Pepsi).
Now, onto my 2018 Goals…
- Get baptized. Brandon and I both have this goal for this year and I want nothing more.
- Get back to church. We have not went to church for years and this year we are working hard at keeping God in the forefront of our marriage and lives.
- Read The Bible and devotional daily. I have started a new devotional (I have read Jesus Calling for years and now I am reading Jesus Always and I love it).
- Paint the outside of our home.
- Finish the kid’s rooms.
- Date night each month.
- Clean out closets.
- Paint trim and white wash a wall.
- Take a trip to a new place with my little family of four.
- Read 30 books.
- Walk or run 50 miles per month.
- Leave work with a clean desk each day.
- Leave work as close to 3:00 each day as I can.
- Focus on our budget.
- Collaborate with other bloggers, host a link-up, and maybe be featured on another blog.
- Build my audience of readers on this space.
- Paint our dressers and night stands.
- Focus on gratitude…write down three things I am grateful for each day.
I have two words that keep coming to my mind as we begin our year, FAMILY and FORGIVENESS. I would really like to focus on my family and planning fun things together, as well as strengthening our bond. Forgiveness is another word that we are focusing on this year as well. Building our faith and relationship with Christ is going to help our family become stronger and better than before.
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by!