Monthly goals are kind of my jam, I love them. I love them so much and I love sharing them because I actually end up being somewhat successful at crossing things off my list. Sorry for the cuss word, but this is such a great little quote for goals.
Before I jump into October Goals, let me recap September goals…
- Walk to school 2 x’s/week. At the beginning of the month it was in the 100’s/90’s. Last week it finally started to cool down so we walked a couple of days and the kids have been walking home. This goal was a bust but we are ready to try again next month.
No repeat dinners (minus pizza Fridays)This was such a fun goal. We tried new recipes each week and really got out of our slump. I am really hoping to carry this goal over into next month as well. You can always check out our meal plans on Sunday here at the blog. I like sharing them because not only do I love getting meal ideas from others, but also I like looking back to see what we have eaten.
Leave work with an empty desk.Done and done. I love a clean and organized area and I love it even more the next morning when I am not putting things away from the day before. Post a new recipe each week.I almost got 100% on this goal. I have the pictures taken and the recipe written, but I just never posted it. AHHH! I need to upload the pictures and it will be up Saturday…it is a keeper! Stick to my grocery budgetI feel like I quit shopping at Costco each week and that saved on our budget. I didnt go over but I didn’t have any extra either! Decorate home for fall…have kids help.Done…minus the outside which we will complete this weekend. Yay for fall!
Now onto October..
- Finish Christmas shopping…mostly…I hope to finish up all of my Christmas shopping besides stocking stuffers and exchange gifts. This leaves me all the time in the world to wrap them in November and enjoy the Christmas season without much thought to buying or wrapping…plus beating the crowds is worth it!
- Leave work on time. September is an overwhelming month at work…getting back into the new routine and such. I find myself staying later and later but it is almost needed that first month. I also find myself getting to meetings (like PTO or our Ed Foundation) about an hour earlier just so I can work in my classroom. My feet are under me so I feel like I can start leaving as soon as I can in the afternoons and not get into the habit of staying later.
- Start planning/prepping Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is tied with Christmas as my favorite day of the year. We host at our house and have several people over and I LOVE every single second. I like having a game plan and prepping as much as I can in advance. I am so looking forward to planning Thanksgiving!
- Walk 4 x’s /week. The first week of school I rocked working out. I did it every single day and then Labor Day happened and I just quit. I need to get back into that habit. Leaving work on time is going to free up some afternoon time and I can’t wait to get back into working out and walking.
- Blog social media…Pintrest/Facebook. I am really feeling ready to set up some blog social media. Any tips or advice? Which platforms work for you?
- Blog goals for second year. My first “blogiversary” is coming up this month! I am SO excited and have learned so much this year. I love this little space and this creative outlet. I really want to sit down and reflect on the year as well as set up some goals for next year. I feel like I kind of jumped into this blindly and now want to dig a little deeper. Any tips or advice for this? What goals do you have for your blog?
As always, thank you so much for reading! I am so excited to see what fun and exciting things the month of October has in store. What goals do you have for the month of October?