Happy last day of August! I have to admit, I am happy that August is over and I am welcoming September with open arms. School, football, chillier evenings and mornings and afternoons that we can spend outside because it’s not as hot, apples (hello wonderful Washington with your honey crisp apples), routine, and all the excitement that the beginning of fall brings.
Here are my goals from August and a little recap…
- Paint trim/wood wall… Nope, August came and went and I didn’t get around to the one project I wanted to get accomplished all summer.
- Go through kids clothes…We got this done and it was so nice. We donated so many clothes, but it also made me realize that my kids didn’t need that many things for back to school which was nice.
- Organize/clean/buy new containers and a lunchbox…. Done and done. I got my first ever adult lunch box! I also organized all tupperware and added some different sized containers to the mix.
- Clean fridge…At the beginning of the month the kids and I were gone so much that when we got home from our road trips our fridge was pretty much empty so I was able to clean it really well and stock it back with food.
- Start planning our fall…We have some fun things planned for fall including flag football, a trip to a fun pumpkin patch/orchard, going to a fair, and so much more. We have a lot of fun things on our calendar.
Now on to September…
- Walk to school 2 times per week. I am not sure if we will be able to do this at the beginning of the month (hello 100+ temps) but hopefully soon we will be able to walk to school. It is always so much fun and plus, my kids really open up about their days on the walk home.
- No repeat dinners (minus pizza Friday)-Pizza Friday stays, but I hope that I can keep out of a dinner rut by not repeating a single dinner this month.
- Leave work with an empty desk. My plan is to leave my desk looking like the next picture each and every day. Most days, my desk looks like a war zone so I hope that I can keep up with filing paperwork, getting projects done, and having a clearer space.
- Post a new recipe each week. I kind of accidentally took a summer break from my meal planning posts, but also my recipe posts. I have gotten back into the swing of things, but love sharing my meal ideas with you all. I have some ideas of fun new recipes to try for this fall and cannot wait to share with you! This Saturday’s recipe is now a family favorite!
- Stick to my grocery budget. Seriously, is it just me or have groceries gone UP? Like way up in price? Meal planning helps with this, but also, so does not eating out and packing lunches. I need to focus on budget friendly meals.
- Decorate home for fall…have the kids help. I love decorating for fall, but I also found a fun painting project for the kids that I know they will love. I would love to have them paint a canvas. I love getting my home fall ready and cozy!
What goals do you have for September? I hope you guys have a great September and enjoy your last day of August!