Happy August! This is one of my favorite months of the year. We have so much exciting things happening and to look forward to, we get to enjoy the rest of summer break, and we get to head back to school and get back into a routine. I love this month. I also love monthly goals! Let’s get started with a quick recap of my July goals…
Set up classroom.My classroom is pretty much set up and ready to go. I am sure I will be in for an hour or two a couple times a week until I go back to school, but it is ready and I feel SOOOO good about it. Bring on some fun times ahead to celebrate the end of summer.
Run 50 miles.I ran over 50 miles throughout the course of the month.
- Paint trim/wood wall. Didn’t get to it, but I really want to get this done before school starts.
- Go through kid’s clothes. I did not get to this one either. BOO!
Start buying school supplies.We bought PBTeen backpacks while they were on sale and picked up some glue sticks and pencils while we have been out and about, the kiddos also got new lunch boxes from WalMart…they have some really nice ones for $6 through their Ozark Trail line.
Some other things I accomplished this month…
- Started Christmas shopping (Guy is pretty much done).
- Got a domain.
August is going to be a blur of excitement, anticipation, but also business. We have so many fun things planned but I want to accomplish some things as well so our school year starts off on the right foot.
- Paint trim/wood wall. Over Christmas break I painted our living room and I never finished two doors, I need to finish the trim on them and then I want to white wash a wooden wall we have.
- Go through kid’s clothes. I need to go through and donate Maddi and Guy’s clothes before we get new school clothes.
- Go through my tupperware and sort/organize. Buy new lunch containers and a lunchbox for myself. Hello, my name is Jenna and I carry my lunch in a plastic WalMart bag. No joke. I want to get a big kid lunch box. I also need to organize all my tupperware and make sure that we have enough for the school year, but also buy some new stuff.
- Clean refrigerator. I need to wipe down all the shelves and the bottom.
- Start planning our fall…football, pumpkin patches, a special weekend trip to Seattle, WSU Cougars games, and so much more. We have a busy but fun fall coming up and I want to make sure that things start getting planned and aligned so we don’t miss out on anything.
We still have about three weeks of summer left and I want to spend the time enjoying it with my family and friends but still be organized when reality hits us at the end of the month. I am really looking forward to August!
What are your goals for August?
Linking today with…
Stefanie at Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, & Dylan Too | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Lindsay at Lindsay’s Sweet World | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Sarah at Sarah E. Frazer | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Meghan at The Adventure Starts Here | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram