Good morning! I was so humbled and excited when Erin from Perfectly Port Family nominated me for the Blogger recognition Award. Thank you Erin! As part of this award, we are asked to answer the question of why we blog, give two pieces of blogging advice, and nominate 10 other bloggers.
-Why I blog-
I blog for so many reasons. My best friend Tara really encouraged me to blog, she is a blogger as well and I just hit the ground running. I love that I can share what we are up to with family and friends. However, blogging has turned into so much more than that for me. It is a way that I can make friendships, encourage others, and find encouragement for myself. It is a creative outlet for me. I love sharing about our life, tips and tricks (even though none are groundbreaking), I love sharing fashion and outfits for everyday mom’s to wear without breaking the bank, I love sharing a recipe that I have created, and sharing my favorite products. I hope I am able to encourage and uplift others while sharing the perfectly, not-so perfect moments in our life.
-Two Pieces of Blogging Advice-
This is so funny to me, because I feel like I am always looking and searching for advice and still feel way too new to be giving any.
- I would say my biggest piece of advice would be to write about what you love. I write about the things that I love the most. I have found what I love most has been what I like reading about on others’ blogs as well, this has really helped me forge friendships and keeps me coming back to their blogs each day. Be honest, be encouraging, and don’t let your fear about what others think stop you. Do you.
- Connect with other bloggers. I love reading blogs, joining in with link-ups, commenting, and connecting with my readers. I love receiving comments on my own blog and connecting with my readers. I have met some amazing ladies through blogging.
I would like to nominate the following 10 bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award. These women have helped me, encouraged me, and been with me since the beginning. Thank you for all you have done for me!
Tara– Without her encouragement, Tractors and Glam would not be here. Thank you for your friendship and encouragement. Tara writes about her family and fishing.
Britt– I know you were also nominated for this award, but I can’t NOT nominate you. Britt writes about her family and is motivating and encouraging.
Susan from the Courson Crew– Susan writes about her family and rodeoing. I also love her fashion!
Jen from the Bolin Bunch– Jen is such an encouraging blogger who writes about her family. She is also a teacher and a busy mama!
Jessica from Life Love and Reality– Jessica has been here since the beginning and has been such an encouragement. Jessica writes about her family, her home, and travels to the most amazing places.
Amanda– Amanda writes at Cardio Cab and a Keyboard. She is so funny, witty, and writes about her home, her family, shares recipes and hosts a healthy girl challenge. She will motivate you to get in shape.
Heather at My Glittery Heart-Heather writes about her family and her home, she shares recipes and hosts my favorite link-ups. She is absolutely wonderful!
Johannah– The Sirois Family blog is all about family and recipes. Johannah hosts my favorite link-ups alongside Heather. She loves the Boston Red Sox and cheering on her kiddos at their activities.
Ruthie from Fairy Wings and Dinosaurs-Ruthie knows about trends before they are trends. I think she pretty much picks something up and it instantly becomes cool.
Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls– Beth’s blog is so fun to read. She has so much fun with her daughters, is building a house, and offers great tips and tricks.
Trista from the Classy Chaos– Her husband also farms and she writes about her family (she is expecting a new baby soon), and their life. I love her blog as well well.
And also, please check out Erin’s blog. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention her wonderful blog as well. Erin is so encouraging, has great taste in fashion and is always a “bucket filler” as we say in kindergarten. That means a really good friend who offers encouragement.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created
Have a wonderful day!