Working full time out of the home can make spring cleaning a little daunting. Especially because I do not have a house cleaner. There are some things that I like doing in the spring though that can easily be done on the weekends of after a long day of working that shake the winter blues.
Things that help me get motivated:
- Opening the windows
- A reward (like a new spring candle or fresh flowers)
- I like to change the batteries in our smoke detectors during this time of year.
- I use a toothbrush and a clean rag, as well as Windex to get the gunky stuff in the sliding glass door frame and window frames.
- I clean like areas. If I am scrubbing one bathroom, I am going to scrub the other. If I am mopping, every floor gets mopped.
- Make a list. I like to make a list of all the places that I would like to clean and what I would like to do.
- Mow and clean. There is nothing better than mowing for the first time after winter. It instantly perks up your yard. I like fertilizing during this time as well. I love mowing the yard. Working out in my yard is probably my favorite of all chores, you see instant results and get some vitamin D.
- Prune bushes and shrubs.
- Sweep patios.
- Clean out gutters (thanks Brandon)
- Add new mulch.
- Get garden boxes in order.
- Start planting seasonal things. I usually can’t put my garden in until the end of April or beginning of May. I do like to get my lettuce, onions, potatoes, and radishes planted early.
- Wash windows. I love doing this in the spring. The windows are not hot which decreases streaking, and it really does make a difference. I also take off screens and wash them off as well.
To see how else I am workin’ it…
To see some of my other cleaning posts…
I do a little bit each day around the house. I think our biggest area of spring cleaning is our yard. I love getting outside and sprucing up our outside. Have a great day!