Well March was a bust! We had a BIG month celebrating and then hosting guests so we ate out more than we usually do and I indulged WAY more than I should have…with that being said, life happens. We were sick and down and out for a good bit of the month. Here is how I did this month…
Me, January 1st…
Me on April 3rd…
I lost 2.5 pounds this month…which is alright because I actually gained one pound at one point this month. That brings my total to 12.5 pounds in about 8 weeks. I have big plans for April!
- I would like to up my steps to 13,000 steps a day with two days a week reaching 15,000- WHOMP WHOMP…I did reach 13,000 steps on most days, but I did not reach 15,000 steps twice a week.
- I would like to increase my workouts to 5x a week for at least 30 minutes- I feel like I set myself up for failure with this one this month. This was a crazy, busy month with a lot going on. It was hard to work out that much, but as things started to slow down towards the end of the month I was able to get in more work outs.
- Continue to eat a mostly plant-based diet and track calories-I started eating more lean protein like chicken at dinner time. I did eat mostly plant-based for all breakfasts, snacks, and lunches, but I did eat meat at dinner.
Goals for April-
- Workout 5 x a week for at least 30 minutes-
- Meatless at least 2 days a week- 100% plant based.
- Focus on more nonscale victories
In 3 months is June…shorts/swimsuits/tank tops…
This is SO true.
This last one makes me think of my yoga instructor. While in some of the hardest poses, she counts the slowest (I’m looking at you boat pose!). But it hurts SO good!
I joined Amanda for her Healthy Girl Challenge this month. My plans went from 30 seconds to 2 minutes!!! I also drank all the water and got in all my steps this month from her challenge. I still have not had any alcohol or wine since January.
Here is a look at my workouts…
Here is a little look at what I have been eating this month…
I like adding this Pulled Pork to lettuce wraps or on top of salads. I also ate it without the bun. The cole slaw recipe is homemade and I swaped greek yogurt for the mayo.
Also for breakfast, I still cannot get enough Overnight Oats
- I fit into some of my smaller sized pants this month.
- I ordered some things from Old Navy last month in smaller sizes and I was not able fit them comfortably at the beginning of the month…I am able to wear them just fine now.
- I am sleeping so much better.
- I worked on planking and have built my stamina from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I do this after my walks.
While weight-wise my month was not big, I had a HUGE month with non-scale victories. I can actually see muscle definition in my legs and arms now. And overall I am feeling much better. Here is to a new month where hopefully the scale moves a little bit (and by a little, I mean a lot)!
I do have a quick question…where is your favorite place (that won’t break the bank) to get workout clothes? I am in need of some shorts and tanks for the warmer weather.
Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Crystal at Hall Around Texas | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Jessica at Sweet Little Ones | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stefanie at Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, & Dylan Too | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Lindsay at Lindsay’s Sweet World | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Sarah at Sarah E. Frazer | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Justine at Full Hands, Full Heart
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Meghan at The Adventure Starts Here | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Tina at Go Big or Go Home | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Whitney at Polka-Dotty Place | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram